Use of our games and forums constitutes an agreement to abide by our Code of Conduct. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to terminate any account found in violation of the Code of Conduct, both in-game and on this forum. While we prefer to advise users of inappropriate behavior, flagrant and repeated violations of our Code of Conduct will result in an immediate ban both in game and on the forum. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
I. Principle Guidelines
This Code of Conduct was created to provide a simple understanding of what is and is not allowed in our games and forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our Code of Conduct:
We will ensure a friendly atmosphere to our players, visitors, and forum members.
We will ensure the privacy of our members and that of others.
Our content will comply with existing laws where applicable.
We will encourage responsible use of our game communication systems and forum.
We will discourage activities that disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors.
We will encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature, responsible, and constructive manner.
II. What about Free-speech?
Even though we are committed to the principles of free speech, certain activities may be damaging to the resources of both 5th Planet Games and our communities. This cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech. While we spend a great deal of focus on the community, the resources of 5th Planet Games are limited, and abuse of these resources by one user has a negative impact on the entire community.
By playing our game and being a member of our community, you must participate responsibly. If you have any questions regarding our Code of Conduct, please contact your designated Community Manager.
III. Community Managers
In addition to volunteer player moderators and game developers, Community Managers are available in all of our games as follows.
Age of Heroes - LittleFury
Curio Quest - LittleFury
Dawn of the Dragons - Mimzy
Dawn of the Dragons Mobile - Mimzy
IV. Violations of the Code of Conduct
It is extremely important for you to understand that this section of our Code of Conduct isn’t designed to cover everything. We may take action, such as issuing a warning, banning account(s) from our game(s)and forum(s), lowering post counts, deleting / editing objectionable post(s)/thread(s), etc., if your conduct is counterproductive to the Code of Conduct’s Principle Guidelines.
Suspension or banning from the game will always result in the same in regard to forum access.
Accessing in-game chat and our forums is a “privilege,” and not a “right.”
5th Planet Games reserves the right to suspend your access to our games and forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines.
You will be in violation if you are found to be posting content that falls within the following, categorized list of offensive behaviors.
Major Religions or Religious Figures
- It promotes racial/ethnic/national hatred.
- It is recognized as a racial/ethnic/national slur.
- It alludes to a symbol of racial/ethnic/national hatred.
Harassment* or Defamation
- Negatively portrays major religions or religious figures.
- It insultingly refers to other characters, players, 5th Planet Games Employees, or groups of people.
- It results in ongoing harassment to other players, 5th Planet Games Employees, or groups of people.
- It refers to violence in a capacity that is not directly related to the game world.
- It contains inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions.
- It is otherwise considered objectionable.
- It bypasses any existing language filter.
- It is pornographic in nature.
- It refers to extreme real life violent acts.
Illegal Drugs or Activities
- It insultingly refers to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players.
- It insultingly refers to any gender of themselves or other players.
Distribution of Personal Information
- It refers to abusing illegal drugs.
- It refers to performing illegal activities.
Spamming or "Trolling"
- It divulges any real-life information about yourself or others.
- It excessively communicates the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish.
- It contains content posted for the sole purpose of causing unrest in the game or in the forum.
- It causes disturbances in the game or forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters or players.
- It is non-constructive in nature.
- It abuses the Report Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages.
- It numbers a thread (ie: “First!”), IBTL (In Before The Lock), TLDR (Too Long Didn’t Read) or any other fad statements.
Cross Linking Threads
- It creates threads about existing topics.
- It creates a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one location on the forum.
- It creates threads with the sole purpose of linking another post.
Cheats, Hacks, Trojan Horses or Malicious Programs**
- It promotes any non-beneficial, non-5th Planet Games related business, organizations, or websites.
Unreleased Content/Hacking Data Files
- It contains links to cheats, hacks, or malicious viruses / programs.
Impersonating a 5th Planet Games Employee
- It shows unreleased in-game items, equipment, or areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files.
- It shows the results of hacking or any tampering of the game’s files.
- It discusses, or displays any data not available through normal game play.
Discussing Disciplinary Actions
- It falsely portrays you or another person as a 5th Planet Games employee.
Circumventing a Suspension/Ban
- It discusses disciplinary actions taken against a player or account, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a 5th Planet Games Employee.
- It uses an alternate game or forum account.
- It is posted on behalf of another player.
Repeatedly violating any area of the 5th Planet Games Terms of Service or Code of Conduct, including the areas detailed above, may result in a permanent ban from the game, forum, and other products owned and operated by 5th Planet Games.
VI. Not Language Restrictive
This policy is not language-restrictive. Language that falls under this policy will always be subject to the repercussions listed, whether it is inappropriate in English or any other language.
VII. Updates and Changes
This policy will be updated in the future, which may happen without notice. It is your responsibility to know and abide by the rules even after a change occurs. The “Last Updated” timestamp will change after each modification.
- By using our games and forums you agree to everything above.
- We may ban or suspend an account for any reason we deem necessary.
- Being banned from either the game or forum will ban you from all of our games and forums.
- Harassment, Inappropriate Language, Spamming, Advertising and being a general nuisance in our game or on our forum is in violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Regardless of what language you speak, you must abide by the Code of Conduct.
- This Code of Conduct may be updated without notice, check back often.
- Use common sense when participating in our games and forums.
*Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from being uncomfortable in the game and/or forum.
**If you would like to report information regarding cheats or hacks to 5th Planet Games, contact your game’s Community Manager. Do NOT talk to other players about it in-game or post it in the forum.