Attacks from dead allies

When one of your allies dies in battle, it becomes nearly impossible to function as their attacks fill up all four slots, and you spend your turns doing nothing but removing unusable attacks.

I realize just removing the dead character’s attacks from the sequence would allow you to use just one character’s attacks non stop… which could be too powerful. But, what if you put a limit on it… like, if you remove a dead character’s attack it will be replaced by one for a character who’s not dead - that way you at least get to attack every other turn. Or when you’re getting a new attack, it won’t add one from a dead character if there’s already an attack queued for that character.

Game looks promising though. I’m excited to see how it progresses. And I’m enjoying being in on another 5PG game so early… brings back memories of my Legacy of Heroes days.

2 Likes

It is still something we are looking at. As you observed removing the dead abilities causes a bigger balance concern. But bad rng can cause this to be a very painful experience.

No planned changes as of yet, but we are aware it can be a bad experience as it is.

There are also the instance heals and revives designed to help keep your allies up so you dont have to deal with with the dead cards.

The instance health and revive potions seem expensive for what you get in return. The cheapest revive potion costs 240 gems which comes out to $4 US. Doesn’t seem worth my money.

1 Like

Again, might skew power of attacks but what about each ally having their own specific tile to ‘inhabit’? Then you get to use all your allies and their attacks in random order, without any dead allies blocking gameplay…!? No need to remove them, so they can still be revived if needed yet aren’t in the way meanwhile. It’s getting more and more annoying as enemies get stronger…

This needs to be addressed. It’s too easy to lose a caster, just to get endlessly punished because you never got a good rng flip. Oh, you never drew a provoke or stall… here let’s kill your caster and further lock you down with frozen abilities. Ive literally watched this happen numerous times, Its almost as if the rng is skewed that way.

Getting trucked because you need to grind more is one thing. Getting trucked because rng screwed you, just to have it happen again drawing dead cards endlessly makes it very frustrating.

Maybe make dead cards cost less to discard, or put an if then chain that limits each slot to amounts of dead abilities.

There are a few alternative changes that could be made. And one is necessary*

For example:
Each ally has 1 square in which their moves appear.
Each move appears in a random order (The same move cannot appear twice in a row)

Not great, but we need something to change.

this should already be the case, if it is happening please let us know.

Yeah, this is a MAJOR issue in the game as far as I’m concerned. I just experienced it and raged about getting blocked. Mages are so squishy, and with enemies always getting AOE-type attacks (meaning they hit everyone, or if someone is taunting, they get three attacks on the taunter), its pretty much game over the second a character dies.

I’ve never played a game where a dead character become the ONLY bloody character. In other games, you have to make do with whatever’s left, even if it is only one character. So this whole “balance” thing makes me laugh. So a character can solo an instance? What of it (though I find that kinda unlikely)?

Maybe a better solution is instead of RNG on what kind of attacks one can use, the characters all have a basic ability that can always be used. But then the other abilities are on a turn meter of some kind.

Its not like I don’t get the RNG method for fighting. Fate/Grand Order employs this. But if all of your Servants die, whomever’s left has to solo it. Sometimes they can and sometimes they can’t.

That was my suggestion. Designated attack tiles.

1 Like

This does still happen, I just pulled restore after using restore. As far as the card rng getting trucked bit, it does exponentially get better after unlocking a few more allies, and ditching the squishy.